Enterprise Holdings Entegral Senior Software Engineer- Identity Management in Madison, Wisconsin
Entegral is a global team of individuals who collectively create a culture that strives to provide an inclusive environment where you can thrive. We offer an active community minded Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee. We support our women through monthly employee resource groups. We believe in belonging through providing My Purpose, My Time paid time off to volunteer. We invest in your growth through dedicated Days of Development. We believe in people over process. We refine and challenge our agile mindset through various communities of practice. Your voice is important and we have a commitment to listen in our company wide town halls. We welcome you to join our team!
Powered by Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and operator of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand, Entegral is a business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience from the moment after an accident to the completion of the claim.
Enterprise Holdings Inc., a recognized leader in the automotive and insurance replacement industries, launched Entegral. Enterprise Holdings operates – through an integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises –Enterprise Rent-A-Car, as well as the Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental brands, in more than 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in 100 countries and territories.
Entegral is a remote first organization with remote and onsite employees aligned to flexible teams from office locations in California, Missouri, Wisconsin and the United Kingdom. Residents of the following United States are invited to apply for remote work opportunities as these are the locations Entegral has business licenses; AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI with flexible options available for candidates local to primary office locations.
Our team is seeking a motivated, adaptable, hard working teammate and talented career-minded professional who would like to make a difference utilizing their skill set, while working in a thriving agile-methodology environment. We offer competitive career opportunities, great benefits and promote a work-life balance.
We are diverse. We are equitable. We are inclusive. Entegral is promoting an inclusive and equitable company culture. We work to ensure that our products meet the needs of all of our customers. Our products reflect the diversity of our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for design, architecture, implementation and support of our identity management systems. In addition, you will play a large role in building a cohesive vision for identity management across our platform. Being able to complement your development background with your Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) skills is essential to the success of the candidate in this role. Understanding Site Reliability and optimization in creating a high velocity highly optimized pipeline delivery mechanism is essential. As we shift left, moving the Product mindset to a Cloud Services paradigm, your SRE skill set and ability to build sustainability as part of the service strategy will be part of the service evolution and your responsibility. You will be part of a team where you will have autonomy to design and develop technological advances. You’ll work in a very agile and collaborative environment establishing advanced methods, theories and research techniques that support the technical vision and strategy of Entegral. We’ll look to you as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of technology that will represent your team in a positive manner. You’ll provide viable recommendations for new solutions and lead their implementation, ensure team commitments are established and met, and provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments. Daily activities include collaborating with Architects and recommending adjustments to the architecture, improving overall product quality and integration efficiencies. Also, you’ll be required to monitor key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures.
● Significant individual contributor performing application design and coding
● Use open source frameworks, including Java, to write, translate, re-factor, and code software programs and applications according to specifications provided by Solution Architects
● Have a developer mindset as you help evolve the Identity platform into a robust Identity Service paradigm. Evolving from a home-grown product to Cloud Service.
● Incorporate your Site Reliability Engineering skills, bringing observability, sustainability and optimized reliability in both building and running the service
● Lead the Site Reliability Engineering initiatives at Entegral in supporting, developing and defending service level objectives established for the application and sustainability frameworks.
● Lead out engineering to increase velocity, reduce toil, increase reliability as you enhance the extensible service architecture
● Participate in daily stand-ups, planning meetings and review sessions (using Scrum/Agile methodology)
● Develop and maintain automated tests, helping to improve software quality
● Participate in and lead design/code reviews
● Facilitate Paired programming or mob sessions, leading and mentoring less experienced engineers
● Understand the business operations and processes on assigned projects
● Work across product roadmap initiatives
● Work with 3rd party identity management providers
● Lead level technical development expertise in software development disciplines including design, coding, testing, deployment, and software management and integration
● Work with various design and architectural patterns
● Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to influence product roadmaps from a technical perspective
● Strong communication skills both written and verbal
● Committed to continuous improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
● Initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
● Resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
● Design, develop, execute, and maintain complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology.
● Share responsibility with your teammates for occasional after-hours on-call rotation for support of production level systems
● Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
● Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
● Must be at least 18 years of age
● Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field of study.
● 5+ years of professional experience in application design and development at an enterprise level
● 5+ years of experience with JAVA
● 5+ years of experience implementing, supporting, or migrating to identity management systems or 3rd party identity providers
● 3+ years of experience designing and developing in a microservices environment
● Worked with or as a Site Reliability Engineer optimizing code resiliency, and high velocity delivery
● Experience in automated test development and execution (for example, REST-assured, Selenium, etc)
● Experience creating and consuming APIs
● Experience in working with developers in a SaaS environment using CI/CD and DevOps methodology
● Worked on an Identity team with Secure by design as the state
● Occasional travel to company offices or meetings as required when safety travel guidelines are in place
● For flexible or full remote work from home positions, reliable high speed Internet connection and dedicated work space are required
● Must be located in one of the following locations: AZ, CA, FL, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, TN, TX, VA, WA or WI
● 3+ years of experience in front-end technologies, such as: Angular or React
● 7+ years of experience with object-oriented programming language, including JAVA, TypeScript or C#
● 4+ years of experience designing and developing in a micro-service environments
● 3+ years working with Okta or Azure identity management Systems
● Experience creating applications in cloud-based and cloud +native development environments (ex. Azure, AWS, Google, Kubernetes)
Qualified candidates should also possess:
● Experience in an Agile (Scrum or KANBAN) working environment
● Demonstrated ability and examples of keeping current on technology trends
● Good communication and collaboration skills
● Experience with designing new methods and working with existing patterns in a previous role
● Experience leading initiatives or teams from a technical perspective
● Experience mentoring less experienced engineerings
● Articulate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the aspects of object oriented development
● Understanding of the shift-left architecture, design and sustainability design methodology
Enterprise Holdings/Enterprise Rent-A-Car/Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental seeks and values people of all backgrounds because every employee, customer and business partner is important. Enterprise Holdings is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.