Enterprise Holdings Engineer 2, Systems (Windows) - Fleet Management IT in St. Louis, Missouri
The Information Technology (I.T.) department of Enterprise Fleet Management builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the operations of our Fleet management business spread across the country and Canada. Enterprise Fleet Management owns and operates almost 475,000 cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 150 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts.
The IT Team supports a variety of Windows infrastructure products and services technologies to ensure the needs of our end users and operational teams are met. Now is an exciting time to be part of this team to support the technology needed to help our expansion efforts.
Being a member of EFM IT offers all the advantages of a smaller shop including the opportunity to shape a more progressive architecture. Professionals who effectively navigate change and readily wear many hats will find this an opportunity to maximize skill diversity and build broad IT experience.
Fleet Management IT has a new opportunity for an Engineer 2, Systems on the Windows Engineering Operations team! As an Engineer 2, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day Windows, Citrix, VMware and Azure infrastructure support, including the following:
Manage the installation, configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various hardware and software, including testing and providing documentation
Provide day-to-day operational support, including monitoring and problem resolution using proactive methods, troubleshooting and remediation
Lead troubleshooting efforts with the end result of providing incident and problem resolution
Provide mentoring and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments
Test, implement, maintain and support components of the systems infrastructure
Performs disaster recovery exercises
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Minimum 4 years system engineering/administration experience with the Windows technology platform
Solid understanding of the operating system theory, core infrastructure, 3rd party software products, and client/server hardware components.
Excellent knowledge of Windows server technologies, including Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
Experience managing Windows 10, Microsoft Office and other desktop technologies
Experience with system management tools including WSUS, SCCM, SCOM and SCORCH
Experience with planning, coordination and deploying system patches
Demonstrated ability of utilizing advanced technical knowledge to perform root cause analysis of critical and complex hardware / software issues; including developing, documenting and implementing a solution.
Available to participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and perform off hour’s maintenance as needed
Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Strong analytical skills/root cause analysis
Experience packaging Windows applications using SCCM
Experience with Exchange (OnPrem/O365) administration
Experience following ITIL process and utilizing an ITSM tool (I.E. Cherwell, ServiceNow or another ticketing system)
Experience with Azure
Experience with Office 365
Experience with VMware
Experience with Citrix desktop
Experience with desktop imaging
- Drives open communication in team; strong ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences and across levels in the organization; able to leverage multiple modes of communication; exhibits cultural sensitivity in communication
Collaborative & Team Focused
- Actively seeks out and values input from team members and key stakeholders; highly effective and agile in operating as a member of multiple teams; actively shares valuable information within and outside of team; builds relationships and collaborates with one’s team, as well as teams across the organization; participates in teambuilding activities; takes time to understand and partner with other IT teams; champions a team mentality and creates an environment that fosters collaboration and idea sharing within and outside of one’s team
- Places a critical emphasis on understanding customer needs, prioritizing work appropriately and leveraging internal and external business partners to enable quality solutions
Models EHI Culture
- Consistently displays a positive attitude towards EHI and team members; operates with trust and transparency; exhibits a strong degree of flexibility; adapts easily and quickly to change; flexible and agile in work and problem solving approach; adapts work methods and behaviors to changing conditions, new technology and business trends; possesses an appreciation for others’ strengths, adapting to and leveraging what others uniquely bring
Owns the Outcome
- Takes ownership of responsibilities - leveraging both internal and external service-oriented business partners - and holds self and others to high standards; successfully delivers in the face of ambiguity; goes above and beyond to improve and exceed expectations; exhibits a strong work ethic, as well as ownership of individual and team results; recognizes and drives solution opportunities and improvements
- Stays current on technology trends and how they impact one’s function; drives solutions by proposing, initiating, or explaining technical ideas to solve major problems; stays up-to-date on latest technology trends
Thrives in Change
- Embraces, adapts, and proactively responds to change; manages risk and uncertainty; takes conceptual ideas and turns them into reality; proponent of change; with an appreciation and respect for the past, pushes past norms and involves champions who will adopt new approaches and technology; avoids a reactive approach by constantly looking for and implementing new opportunities; remains flexible to meet changing and sometimes opposing demands; approaches change in a thoughtful and logical manner
Thinks & Acts Innovatively
- Uses technical and professional knowledge to design new methods where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or unavailable; pushes past the status quo and questions common practices in order to identify better ways of doing things; recommends and implements improvements and provides others with freedom to explore and be inventive; encourages others to frequently take a fresh look at existing policies, practices, and programs
- Influences to achieve small wins within own team or department that support an overall vision as set forth by leadership; understands and explains benefits of initiatives; proactively networks within and outside the organization; leverages multiple communication channels; remains open and engages thoughts of others; able to lead discussions and sell ideas
Enterprise Holdings/Enterprise Rent-A-Car/Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental seeks and values people of all backgrounds because every employee, customer and business partner is important. Enterprise Holdings is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.